Sunday, October 10, 2010

AMY GOES RIGHT

Amy runs to the lake. She sees a police car parked by the entrance to the pier. She starts screaming as she approaches it and the officer gets out startled.

Amy: Please help me!
Officer: What’s wrong, miss?
Amy: They’re dead! They’re all dead!
Officer: Calm down. Tell me what happened.  Are you hurt?
Amy: No, my friend Jenn (crying) She’s dead.
Officer: Where is your friend now?
Amy: Back at the house.
Officer: Where?
Amy: I… don’t know the address. I ran here. I was at a party and…
Officer: Were there drugs at this party?
Amy: What?
Officer: Were there?
Amy: What does that matter?
Officer: It matters plenty if this is some kind of a joke.
Amy: My friend is dead!
Officer: Okay, why don’t you take a ride with me and show me where you came from?
Amy: I don’t want to go back there!
Officer: Don’t worry, I’ll call for assistance while we’re en route.

Amy reluctantly agrees and gets in the squad car. She directs the officer back to the house on Pallatine and he parks at the curb outside.

Officer: (into walkie) Dispatch, this is car 13. I’m going to need another unit and ambulance to 248 Pallatine for a possible 187. (to Amy) Stay here while I take a look inside.

The officer moves toward the house.